Saturday 9 February 2019

Selling (sold) my modified Nikon SB-N5 flash

Please note that this item is sold. I leave the post up until further for information purposes.

This is a modified version of the Nikon SB-N5, which I made before I started making the V1-F1A. I have no longer use for this flash, mainly because I practically no longer use the Nikon 1 V1, so I decided selling the flash. The flash is in perfect condition, it works as the original SB-N5, and you have the possibility to add an external, more powerful flash if needed. Selling it with the original box, manual and the pouch.



When you need more light, or are looking to add a creative touch to illumination, then this modified Nikon 1 Speedlight SB-N5 is the one to use. Plug this compact i-TTL compatible flash unit into the Nikon 1 V1, V2 or V3 camera's multi-accessory hot shoe and use it as a flash on top of the camera, or add a radio trigger or a more powerful flash using the PC connector in front of the SB-N5. Note that i-TTL is only supported without additional flash, as the original SB-N5 is supporting it. Adding extra flash requires manual flash and camera mode use.



The SB-N5 can be tilted or twisted up, down, left or right and bounce the light if needed. The flash can double as a continuous light source illuminating for six seconds during both Motion Snapshot and Smart Photo Selector modes. Extra batteries are not required—the camera powers the SB-N5 flash from the camera battery.



The SB-N5 does not have to be switched on if the SB-N5 is not needed and you just want to add an external flash or radio trigger. In this case the SB-N5 acts as an adapter only, it will not fire itself, only the external flash or remote trigger will be triggered by the camera.



Note that the added PC contact does not have any protection, so only flashes made for digital cameras with low trigger voltage should be attached. By adding a flash with high trigger voltage the SB-N5, or the camera, or both will be damaged. The flash is tested before shipping it, but there is no additional warranty, other that I guarantee that it is working when I pack it.



Technical specifications of the SB-N5


- Guide Number

8.5 m/27.9 ft. (at ISO 100, 20°C/68°F) to 12 m/39.4 ft. (at ISO 200, 20°C/68°F) 

- Effective flash range (i-TTL)

2 to 66 ft. (0.6 to 20 m) (varies with ISO sensitivity, bounce angle, and aperture) 

- Bounce Function (Rotate)

Vertical: Flash can be rotated up 90° from horizontal with stops where the flash is pointing directly ahead and at 60°, 5°, and 90°
Horizontal: 180° right to 180° left, with stops where the flash is pointing directly ahead and at 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, and 180°
 


- Approx. Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth)

2.0 in. (50 mm)  x  2.8 in. (70.5 mm)  x  1.6 in. (40.5 mm) 

- Approx. Weight (without batteries)

2.5 oz. (70 g)

How to order


If you are interested, please send me a mail using the contact information below. Please don't pay in advance before I confirmed that the flash is still available and that I reserved for you.


After I received payment, I will need one work day to pack it and to ship it to you, using registered, traceable post. I will use the Swedish Post and will charge you what they are charging me.


Please note that I will only sell this unit to buyers from Australia, Canada, USA, New Zealand, countries of European Union, Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Jersey, Guernsey, Monaco, Aland, South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Swaziland, Lesotho and Japan. Note that I make no exceptions made from this list.





Contact information


adapting(dot)camera at gmail(dot)com

Please note: the mail address above must be modified by you. You must replace the (dot) with real dots, the spaces before and after 'at' must be removed and the word 'at' must be replaced by @ sign. This is done to prevent internet robots from sending me spam mail. After your modification the mail address will look like: axxxxxxx.cyyyyy@gmail.com

Price and payment


The price for this modified SB-N5 flash is 99 EUR or 110 USD, whichever you prefer. The price may change as exchange rates are changing. This price excludes the shipping and handling, the total price will be calculated when I have your personal data.

I accept payments in EUR and USD only, no other currency. Payments must be made through PayPal, no direct money transfer, checks or any other means are accepted. Shipping and handling costs will be added, this cost is not possible for me to predict, I will charge you what the Swedish Post charges me, which at this moment is 13 EUR or 15 USD for shipments outside Sweden. I will ship with registered, traceable post only.

Prices and the terms are non-negotiable, if you think this is not acceptable for you or you think the price is too high, please don't buy it.

A final note about the modified SB-N5


Even though it is based on the original Nikon SB-N5 flash, this should be regarded as a do-it-yourself product. No warranty is given, other than that I guaranty I tested the flash before shipping it, and I guaranty that it is working on my Nikon V1 when I ship it. I have no possibilities to test it on the Nikon V2, V3 or any other future models since I only have the V1.

Remember also that a deal is a deal, if you bought it, it is yours. I will NOT take it back, not even for a reduced price. This may sound harsh, but I have bad experience and this is the "lessons learned" from that experience. It is up to you to decide to buy it, and if the conditions are not acceptable, please don't buy this adapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment