Saturday 7 October 2017

My UCCNC Probe screen, version 3

Finally I managed to finish this version and is now available for download.

This is a major update and basically all the macros are rewritten. There are some significant differences between this and the older version, so I suggest to read the manual carefully before the first use. If you have installed the older version then I suggest a new, clean installation and not just pasting in the new macros. The new macros require some new values from the redesigned Probe tab screen, so just pasting the new macros won't help.

The new look of the Probe tab screen


 The major differences are that now there are several new parameters. These parameters are necessary to set up before the first use and in some cases even after. Please read the manual which explains every button and parameter and how to use it. Also, now with the new screen, no changes are made to UCCNC software, so the CAM tab is again available, and instead of taking the CAM tab, a new Probe tab is created.
(Click on the image for larger view)




Additional feature


 There is an additional feature offered, which is a slight modification of the RUN tab to better support the probe screen. This feature is not necessary for the Probe tab screen to work and it can be ignored if you feel you need the buttons and the DROs for B and C axes, or don't want to have access to any of the probe functions from the main RUN tab. On the other hand, if you decide to install the additional features then you must install the Probe tab first. The additional functions will not work without the Probe tab.
(Click on the image for larger view)


In the zipped file you will also find a pdf document with a complete user guide and installation instructions for both screens. I recommend to read the document before starting the installation and also to play with the Probe functions before first use. You must verify functionality on your own, I can not assist you with that. My motion controller is the UC300ETH and that is the only one I tested with, however, if you follow my instructions, I believe you will have no problems using it with other motion controllers. Installation takes something between 5 and 15 minutes, depending on how familiar you are with handling of these files. There is no easy and quick installation software, you must do some manual work, but I think it is fairly simple process, much simpler than the previous version.

My UCCNC Probe screen version 3 can be downloaded through this link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_50s_KFlpQqeTRfUmJyVVZKREU

Good luck.

Edit:

Please note that version 3 is now replaced with an updated version 4. Read about it here:

https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com/2021/06/my-uccnc-probe-screen-version-4-is-now.html 

The update was necessary due to changes in UCCNC software.

 

27 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I cant say this whole setup works. I think it is because of different LCD screen resolutions. Im not finding the lines Im supposed to change in the default screenset file...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      I am sorry you have problems making it work, but I can assure you it works perfectly. I think the installation manual is very clear but you have to follow it to the letter. Every time I install a new release of the UCCNC I install the Probe screen from scratch according to my manual and it works without problems on several of my own PC:s, and I know that many people managed to install and use it as well. I hope you'll find the problem.

      Delete
  2. Hi.
    First of all thankyou for all the time and work you have spend
    with the software(hopefully UCCNC will follow!)
    Does the software work with an internal contact probe type?(6point ball type)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Sorry, I don't have that sort of probe, but I see no reason why it should not work. As far as I know, it uses only one input, so the basic principle is the same as any other probe, even the simplest touch plate type I am using.

      Delete
  3. Hello, what editor software you use for modify the screen and command?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      The files are text files, so any editor can handle them, including Notepad.

      Delete
  4. What pin(s) should I use to connect my probe to the machine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      I am sorry but I don't know anything at all about your hardware and also have no time to give this sort of support. I suggest you check out the manuals of your hardware or contact some support forum where people may be able to help you, but in any case you need to give more information.

      Connecting a probe is otherwise pretty simple, you need to connect it to an input, but you must configure your hardware so that it can handle the input.

      Delete
  5. Hello, Thanks for this, Just about to read up and install.
    I have a custom cnc machine with uccnc and uc300eth_ub1 card.
    Just got the stepcraft 3d prober, Hopefully be able to get this all working.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything seems to function properly. I am using a Stepcraft 840 with uccnc ver1.2037. After making the screen modifications in the manual and restarting uccnc, the Configuration-General Settings screen is now the startup screen. I can open all the other screens but the Run screen is no longer my startup window. What have I done wrong or how to fix. I have tried to install it at least 4 times, following the manual instructions to the letter. Have also tried it with uccnc ver 1.2049 with the same result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say what can be wrong since I am not there, but my best guess is that you probably did not follow my written instructions word for word. Unfortunately UCCNC isn't that user friendly regarding custom screen installations, so it is very important that you follow every step. Perhaps UCCNC is a bit special for Stepcraft too, I don't know that since I don't have Stepcraft.

      Delete
  7. can this work imperial or just metric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, just like UCCNC, unit less. The default values are for metric, but if your machine is set up for imperial then you have to change the values accordingly.

      Delete
    2. Can we use release 1.2112 ?

      Delete
  8. Hi, this macros works on new controller AXBB-E ? If es, which settings (controller) should be used ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry, I have no idea. I don't have AXBB-E and can not test. I have the UC3005LPT-ETH but I know people use it with others as well.

      Delete
  9. Hello,

    Something was cahnged in the new version of uccnc 1.2111, becouse the screenset look like this after installing. https://www.dropbox.com/s/eywatmpxkr2yera/Screenshot%202019-11-25%2023.34.11.png?dl=0
    Any suggestions how to fix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Eduard,
      Thank you for pointing this out for me, and sorry for not answering before, I simply missed that there are comments to be answered. Anyway, you are right, something changed in UCCNC which sadly bricked my Probe screens. I don't know what happened, but I notified CNC Drive and hopefully somebody can help me out. I will update with information when I know more. In the meantime, my last installation which I know is working is the UCCNC version 1.2048. Currently waiting for response from CNC Drive.

      Delete
  10. Hi Do your screens work with any version of UCCNC or is it specific to one version? If so what version does it require?

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does not require any specific release, but it may happen that CNC Drive introduce a change which prevents it from working. The latest official release is 1.2111 but I have not installed on that one yet.

      Delete
    2. I tested now and it seems like the screen is not working with UCCNC 1.2111 due to some change they made to the software. Hopefully I get some answers soon. Sorry for the trouble.

      Delete
  11. Is this program work with uccnc 1.2112

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry but I have not tested with that release yet.

      Delete
    2. It seems like the screen is not working with UCCNC 1.2111 due to some change they made to the software. Hopefully I get some answers soon. Sorry for the trouble.

      Delete
  12. Hi, on the probe screen I want to change the A position to B position is there any solution for this part?

    ReplyDelete