Wednesday 30 June 2021

My UCCNC Probe Screen version 4 is now available

This UCCNC probe screen is free for you to use. 
If you find this probe screen useful and find it saves you a lot of time and effort in setting up your CNC then I am very happy. I have however spend many hours and days on developing, testing and documenting every step of it. As a token of appreciation, your donation is of course welcome, but there are no obligations and the sky won't fall on you if you decide not to donate. Click on the button below if you do wish to donate, or just continue if you don't.

 
 

The Probe screen is back to normal

 
Finally I managed to finish version 4 and is now available for download.

Klick on this link to download the zipped files.

When you click on the probe tab after a successful installation you should see this screen. The way the main Probe Screen looks like is unchanged, compared to the previous version. After installation you must configure your own probe screen parameters. This is important to do before first run. Please read the provided manual.

(Click on the image for larger view)

 

 

Additional features

 

 The additional features offered looks a bit different from the previous version because of some changes implemented in UCCNC. If you don't need or like the additional features then you can skip this part. In that case the original UCCNC RUN tab screen will be displayed and you must click on the PROBE tab to be able to run my probe macros.

(Click on the image for larger view)

 

 

Necessary update due to changes in UCCNC

This update was necessary due to a change made in UCCNC software some time ago. I did not notice this, since I was using an older version of UCCNC, but it's been pointed out to me that the Probe screen is not working in the latest UCCNC version (1.2111). I tested it, and unfortunately this was the case.

The error turns up at the last step of the installation of Probe Screen, and after shut down and restart of UCCNC, the screen got messed up and looked like this on the right here.

This was of course not usable as it was, and after some investigations I found the answers to how to fix it. Basically, the fix was very simple, I had to renumber some screen elements, but due to lack of time, I could not provide an update as fast as I wanted. The work is now done, all the necessary files are updated and available for download using the link above.

There are no changes in functionality, and since all the macros work just like before, these are untouched. Only the screen element file is changed, as well as the user guide.

As usual, I made several test installations, following my manual to the letter, so I know it works. But as usual, I only have the UC300ETH_5LPT, so I can only test it with that one. I have however no doubt that it works with the other controllers also, assuming you follow EVERY step of the manual during installation. Unfortunately, installation is not "plug and play", you must read the manual and take care of not making any mistakes. There is no other check than your own eyes and brains, so mistakes will not be easy to correct if you make some. Please don't forget to take backup of your own installation before start, just in case you make a mistake. You can have several UCCNC installations on the same computer, just use different names. However, for UCCNC installations and how to do that, please consult the UCCNC manuals.

Download and use if free of charge.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jkz8lAx-H69ugspRS_sUoSQ56FR_xFwb/view?usp=sharing 

Good luck and enjoy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment